Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Data Compression: The Complete Reference
Автор: Salomon D.
Data compression is one of the most important fields and tools in modern computing. This third edition of "Data Compression" provides a comprehensive, authoritative, and accessible reference for the many different types and methods of compression. Included are a detailed and helpful taxonomy, detailed description of the most common methods, and discussions on the use and comparative benefits of methods. The book's logical, clear, and lively presentation is organized around the main branches of data compression.
Topics and features:
* highly inclusive, yet well-balanced coverage for specialists and nonspecialists
* coverage of the new PPM, SCSU, BOCU-1, MLP audio methods for lossless compression
* Xmill, a special-purpose compressor for XML files
* coverage of video compression, including MPEG-1 and H.261
* fully updated with new methods, standards, performance efficiencies, and algorithms
* thorough coverage of wavelets methods, including SPIHT, EZW, DjVu, WSQ, and JPEG 2000
* Shorten, a simple compression algorithm for speech
* the Deflate method (popular Zip software) and the PNG image file format
This substantially enhanced reference is an essential resource and companion for all computer scientists; computer, electrical, and signal/image processing engineers; and scientists needing a comprehensive compilation of compression methods. It requires only a minimum of mathematics and is well suited to non-specialists and general readers.