Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Physiological Basis of Aging and Geriatrics Timiras
Автор: Timiras P.S.
Extensively revised and updated to reflect the current state of knowledge in the study of aging, this Fourth Edition offers a complete profile of the aging process at all levels, from molecules and cells to demography and evolution. Written by international experts in current basic and clinical aging research, this text includes aspects of individual, comparative, and differential aging, and discussions of theories and mechanisms of aging. This invaluable reference illustrates how bodily systems, organs, and functions are affected with aging, describes how genetic and environmental factors influence age-related changes, and addresses some of the clinical consequences of these changes for health and longevity. Well illustrated, with numerous tables and graphs, this book presents up-to-date information from internationally renowned experts in various bio-medical fields.
New updated information includes:
* emphasis on emerging technologies and recent advances in biology and bioengineering that allow greater and longer independence of the elderly
* recent therapeutic developments in key diseases such as Alzheimer's, osteopenia, osteoporosis, high cholesterol, diabetes, gastritis, sexual impotence, and using transgenic animals as models of aging
* evaluation of the latest knowledge on the roles of oxidants and antioxidants, and correlates them with other aging-based theories
* expanded discussion of nutrition and physical exercise
* chapters on gene and stem cell interventions related to the aging process
* updated tables to reflect current trends, new research data, and up-to-date statistical information