Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Elasticity: theory, applications, and numerics
Автор: Sadd M.H.
Elasticity is concerned with determining the strength and load carrying ability of engineering structures including buildings, bridges, cars, planes, and thousands of machine parts that most of us never see. It is especially important in the fields of mechanical, civil, aeronautical and materials engineering. Elasticity: Theory, Applications and Numerics 2e provides a concise and organized presentation and development of the theory of elasticity, moving from solution methodologies, formulations and strategies into applications of contemporary interest, including fracture mechanics, anisotropic/composite materials, micromechanics and computational methods. Developed as a text for a one or two-semester graduate elasticity course, this new edition is the only elasticity text to provide coverage in the new area of non-homogenous, or graded, materal behavior. End of chapter exercises throughout the book are fully incorporated with the use of MATLAB software.
* Provides a thorough yet concise introduction to general elastic theory and behavior
* Demonstrates numerous applications in areas of contemporary interest including fracture mechanics, anisotropic/composite and graded materials, micromechanics, and computational methods
* The only current elasticity text to incorporate MATLAB into its extensive end-of-chapter exercises
* The book's organization makes it well-suited for a one or two semester course in elastictiy
Features New to the Second Edition:
* First elasticity text to offer a chapter on non-homogenous, or graded, material behavior
* New appendix on review of undergraduate mechanics of materials theory to make the text more self-contained
* 355 end of chapter exercises - 30% NEW to this edition