Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: European Business and Marketing
Авторы: Harris P., McDonald F.
The second edition of European Business and Marketing is published at the beginning of the new millennium and has been fully revised to incorporate much modern thinking in Europe. It includes material on the Euro and the enlargement of the European Union and the development of global companies with a European base. The text has been researched and written especially for students on undergraduate and post graduate courses, who need to understand modern European marketing, the European Union and the distinct features that are emerging in the World's largest market place.
The second edition of the successful European Business and Marketing text has been fully revised and includes new chapters on marketing strategy in Europe and business culture. It also covers such important issues as the expansion of the Union, the development of the Euro as a single currency, economic and monetary policy. The text looks at Europe holistically and builds on modern theoretical concepts to look at the present state of business in European and future trends.
Through seven core chapters the reader is introduced to the issues that are emerging within the EU and its relations to the wider Europe and the rest of the world. The book introduces the following significant themes:
1. The importance of small to medium sized businesses, regionalism and networks within Europe.
2. The history and origins of the development of the EU, how it operates and is likely to develop.
3. The EU and its business and political relationship with the rest of the world - the EU is the major negotiator with the US in the World Trade Organisation talks and brokers trade across the world.
4. Marketing and how it is being developed across Europe.
5. The continued growth of joint ventures, strategic alliances and acquisitions in European business.
6. The distinct features of European business culture, both locally and across borders.
7. How business is internally evolving within the European Union.
These seven themes are backed up by integrated case studies for European Business and Marketing, providing an opportunity for analysis and discussion of the changes happening and the unique features of the European business market. The case studies include material from the industrial and service sectors and cover both joint venture, multinational, state controlled and small to medium sized companies. Thus the book looks at a number of types of companies and investigates the strategic, organisation, marketing and operational features that they adopt in meeting the needs and challenges of operating in the world's most developed trading block.