This third volume continues to set the standard in the field, as originally defined by the best-selling two-volume set 'Intermetallic Compounds - Principles and Practice'. With contributions from 72 authors from 14 different countries, this book introduces a broad range of new topics including: new intermetallic families, new means of assessment of bonding and stability, new properties and phenomena, new applications, new practical processes and new research techniques.
* Stand-alone chapters set out in a manner that is meaningful to non-specialists, progressing to include knowledge useful to experts
* New, fully revised, and updated chapters on areas of intense research activity or great importance
* Providing definitions of intermetallic families, intended to assist all readers
* Written for clarity, consistency and thoroughness
* Full and up-to-date referencing to the literature
* Critical assessments of the state of the subject
* Acronym list consolidating new entries with those compiled for the two earlier volumes
As with Volumes 1 and 2, this is an invaluable aid to both scientists and engineers. Core reading for those who are starting research on intermetallics, and for those who wish to exploit the unique properties of intermetallics in practical applications.