Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Fundamentals of Atmospheric Physics
Автор: Salby M.L.
Fundamentals of Atmospheric Physics emphasizes the interrelationships of physical and dynamical meteorology. The text unifies four major subject areas: atmospheric thermodynamics, hydrostatic equilibrium and stability, atmospheric radiation and clouds, and atmospheric dynamics. These fundamental areas serve as cornerstones of modern atmospheric research on environmental issues like global change and ozone depletion. Physical concepts underlying these subject areas are developed from first principles, providing a self-contained text for students and scholars from diverse backgrounds.
The presentation is Lagrangian (single-body problems) in perspective, with a balance of theory and application. Each chapter includes detailed and extensive problems; selected answers are provided, as are appendices of various constants. The text requires a thorough foundation in calculus.
* Presents a comprehensive introduction to atmospheric thermodynamics, hydrostatics, radiation and clouds, and dynamics
* Develops concepts from first principles, providing a self-contained volume for readers from diverse backgrounds
* Emphasizes the interaction of physical processes shaping global problems of atmospheric energetics, transport, and chemistry
* Provides a balance of theory and applications, with examples drawn from a wide range of phenomena figuring in global atmospheric research
* Extensively illustrated with global satellite imagery and analyses and photographs of laboratory simulations
* Exercises apply to a wide range of topical problems