Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Administration (Unleashed Series)
Авторы: Fox T., Gampe P.
This comprehensive guide can help you administer Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 effectively in any production environment, no matter how complex or challenging.
Long-time Red Hat insider Tammy Fox brings together today’s best practices for the entire system lifecycle, from planning and deployment through maintenance and troubleshooting. Fox shows how to maximize your efficiency and effectiveness by automating day-to-day maintenance through scripting, deploying security updates via Red Hat Network, implementing central identity management services, and providing shared data with NFS and Samba.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Administration Unleashed contains extensive coverage of network and web services, from the Apache HTTP server and Sendmail email services to remote login with OpenSSH. Fox also describes Red Hat’s most valuable tools for monitoring and optimization and presents thorough coverage of security–including a detailed introduction to Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux).
* Streamline deployment with Kickstart
* Find, install, update, remove, and verify software
* Detect, analyze, and manage hardware
* Manage storage with LVM, RAID, ACLs, and quotas
* Use Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 on 64-bit and multi-core systems
* Administer users and groups more efficiently and securely
* Ensure trustworthy backup and rapid recovery
* Script and schedule tasks to run automatically
* Provide unifiedidentity management services
* Configure Apache, BIND, Samba, and Sendmail
* Monitor and tune the kernel and individual applications
* Protect against intruders with SELinux and ExecShield
* Set up firewalls with iptables
* Enable the Linux Auditing System
* Use virtualization to run multiple operating systems concurrently