Coverage of all CCNA exam topics enables you to discover and fill any gaps in your knowledge before the exam date. You will learn about:
* Internetworking functions of each layer of the OSI reference model and how they are performed in network devices
* Functionality of Cisco IOS Software and TCP/IP and IPX network protocols
* Segmentation of networks using routers, switches, and bridges
* Use and configuration of Catalyst switches, Spanning-Tree Protocol (STP), and virtual LANs (VLANs)
* Concepts behind RIP and IGRP and how to add routing protocols to a configuration
* Configuration, monitoring, and verification of standard and extended IP and IPX access lists
* Frame Relay and ISDN concepts and configuration
Although it's the first step in the Cisco Career Certifications, the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) exam is a difficult test. The recent additions of performance-based questions have made it even more challenging. Your first attempt at becoming Cisco certified requires a lot of study and confidence in your networking knowledge. When you're ready to test your skills, complete your knowledge of exam topics, and prepare for exam day, you need the preparation tools found in Cisco CCNA Exam #640-607 Certification Guide from Cisco Press.
Completely revised by CCIE and Certified Cisco Systems Instructor Wendell Odom, Cisco CCNA Exam #640-607 Certification Guide is a comprehensive study tool for the CCNA exam. Updated with new content and features to make it easier to read and reference, this book helps you understand and master the material you will need to know to pass the exam. The instructor-developed elements and techniques enable you to maximize your retention of exam topics. "Do I Know This Already?" quizzes open each chapter and allow you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Exam topic lists and Foundation Summary tables and figures make referencing easy and give you a quick refresher whenever you need it. Challenging chapter-ending review questions and scenario exercises help you assess your knowledge and reinforce key concepts.