Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Low Earth Orbital Satellites for Personal Communication Networks
Автор: Jamalipour A.
Although low earth orbital (LEO) satellites are the most promising candidates for establishing personal communication networks (PCNs) on a global basis, their usage is also problematic. This new book provides the first comprehensive analysis of one of the hottest topics in communication systems today — the application of LEO satellites in PCNs.
Dedicated to studying LEO satellite systems, the book describes the characteristic design features, discusses the issues to be considered during the design of LEO satellite communications networks, and presents analytical frameworks for evaluating their performance. It also explains major problems relating to employing LEO satellites in a global PCN — both for today's and tomorrow's applications.
The book's broad coverage, including new research viewpoints, necessary tools, and fundamental analysis techniques, will enable you to:
• Identify the advantages and disadvantages of non-geostationary satellites compared to
conventional geostationary systems
• Understand how LEO satellite systems can meet specific requirements of future global PCNs
• Compare different multiple access schemes — and select the newest, most promising schemes
for future wireless communications and mobile satellite systems
• Determine the traffic characteristics of LEO satellites for global PCNs
• Apply new techniques to evaluate and improve the performance of LEO satellite systems
This comprehensive book is a valuable reference for electrical engineers involved in a wide range of activities, including the design of mobile satellite systems, LEO satellite systems, andterrestrial cellular systems. It offers graduate students of electrical and communications engineering a complete overview not found in any other reference. Much of the book's analyses and techniques are also applicable to other mobile communication systems such as terrestrial cellular systems.