Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Understanding the Linux Virtual Memory Manager
Автор: Gorman M.
Finally, a comprehensive guide to the Linux VM!
VM's behavior affects every Linux kernel subsystem and dramatically impacts overall performance. But until now, there was only one way to understand VM: study the poorly documented source one line at a time. Now there's an easier, faster alternative. This book describes VM in unprecedented detail, presenting both theoretical foundations and a line-by-line source code commentary. It systematically covers everything from physical memory description to out-of-memory management. Coverage includes:
* Linux VM 2.4 architecture in depth-with diagrams and call graphs
* Physical memory description, page tables, address spaces, and memory allocation
* High memory, swapping, shared memory, and much more
* Expert guidance for analyzing the code of any open source project
* New Linux 2.6 kernel features in every chapter
Well organized and superbly written, Understanding the Linux Virtual Memory Manager will be indispensable to every kernel programmer and researcher.