Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Data Model Resource Book: A Library of Universal Data Models for All Enterprises, Vol. 1
Автор: Silverston L.
Industry experts raved about The Data Model Resource Book when it first came out — and no wonder. This book arms you with a powerful set of data models and data warehouse designs that you can use to jump-start your database development projects. You get proven models for common business functions such as ordering and managing products, handling shipments, invoicing, accounting and budgeting, managing human resources, contact management, and project management. You'll save countless hours and thousands of dollars in database development costs.
This updated edition, fully edited and revised by Len Silverston, includes many new and expanded data models, including models for call center management, product customization, shipping and receiving, budgeting scenarios, and employee qualifications and performance. Plus, there are new data mart designs, including financial analysis, inventory management, and shipping logistics. With this book, you'll learn how to:
* Customize enterprise and logical data models that meet the specific needs of your organization
* Convert logical data models to data warehouses and data marts
* Develop physical data designs and evaluate design options based on the universal data models
* Integrate databases and data warehouses across the enterprise
* Validate your organization's existing data models
You'll also want to check out the companion volume, The Data Model Resource Book, Revised Edition, Volume 2 (ISBN: 0471353485), which provides universal data models that have been tailored for various industries and applications. See how you can save even more time and money with the Data Model ResourceBook, Revised Edition, Volume 1 CD-ROM, which:
* Provides the SQL code you'll need to implement the models described in the book or to reverse-engineer them into your CASE tool
* Allows you to view for free the demonstration of data models from both Volume 1 and Volume 2
* Can be purchased separately by unlocking the enclosed CD-ROM via phone or online-directions inside.
Offers the reader data models that are practical for jump-starting data development projects. Shows how to integrate databases and data warehouses across the enterprise, and much more. Text comes with a companion Web site with free downloads. The CD-ROM provides the SQL code for use with the text.