Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Red Hat Linux 7.2: The Complete Reference
Автор: Petersen R.
The most complete Red Hat Linux resource available! Get in-depth details on Red Hat Linux installation,administration,management,and troubleshooting. You'll master the major GUIs,Gnome,KDE,and the FVWM Windows Manager,and you'll find step-by-step coverage of dual boot installation.
The Most Comprehensive Red Hat Linux Resource Available Master Red Hat Linux—including version 7. 2—using this authoritative reference. Linux guru Richard Petersen provides details on networking,kernel management,Internet servers,system administration,and much more. You'll also get full coverage of Internet clients,office suites,file systems,firewalls,encryption,and access to Windows networks (Samba). Understand the workings of the GNOME 1. 4 and the Nautilus file manager as well as KDE 2. 2. Clearly and logically organized,this resource explains the different ways of setting up Red Hat Linux as a desktop workstation,a network workstation,or an administrative platform. Plus,the bonus CD-ROM includes the publisher's version of Red Hat Linux 7. 2.
* Install,manage,and troubleshoot Red Hat Linux 7. 2 and kernel 2. 4
* Learn how to set up,configure,and administer a local network with DNS,Sendmail,and Samba
* Work with and configure GNOME 1. 4 (Nautilus) and the K Desktop—KDE 2. 2
* Set up Internet servers,FTP (ProFTP),Web (Apache),DNS (Bind),proxy (Squid),printer (LPRng and CUPS),and mail (Sendmail) servers
* Update software either automatically with the Red Hat Network or manually with RPM
* Protect your network with firewalls,public key encryption,and intrusion protection
* Enable network access to remote file systems and to Windows clients,includingWindows XP
* Administer TCP/IP networks using CIDR and class-based addressing