Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Open Source Security Tools: Securing Your Unix or Windows Systems
Автор: Howlett T.
Few frontline system administrators can afford to spend all day worrying about security. But in this age of widespread virus infections, worms, and digital attacks, no one can afford to neglect network defenses.
Written with the harried IT manager in mind, Open Source Security Tools is a practical, hands-on introduction to open source security tools. Seasoned security expert Tony Howlett has reviewed the overwhelming assortment of these free and low-cost solutions to provide you with the “best of breed” for all major areas of information security.
Inside, you’ll find everything from how to harden Linux and Windows systems to how to investigate breaches with Sleuth Kit, Autopsy Forensic Browser, and Forensic Tool Kit. For each security task described, the author reviews the best open source tools and how to use them and also provides a case study and sample implementation. Covered tasks include:
* Installing an open source firewall using Ipchains, Iptables, Turtle firewall, or Smoothwall
* Scanning ports and testing for vulnerabilities using Nmap, Nlog, Nmap for Windows, Nessus,and NessusWX
* Using sniffers and network-intrusion systems, including Tcpdump, Ethereal, Windump, Snort™, and Snort™ for Windows
* Tracking and analyzing collected data with Swatch, ACID, and NCC
* Encrypting communications with PGP, GnuPG, SSH, and Free S/WAN
This handy reference also tackles the emerging field of wireless security and covers tools such as Kismet Wireless, Airsnort, and Netstumber. An accompanying CD-ROM contains full versions of the tools for easy access and installation, as well asRFCs and other useful information.
Whether you’re a Windows system administrator or a network administrator, you will come away with an understanding of how open source security tools can help protect your organization and further your own career.