The definitive guide to designing,implementing,and maintaining a Cisco network. Includes coverage of the latest generation of Cisco technologies and enhanced capabilities,as well as new broadband technologies.
The definitive guide to designing,implementing,and maintaining a Cisco network Get all the hands-on guidance you need on Cisco router configuration from this comprehensive handbook. This fully updated second edition contains all new coverage of the latest technologies,including VPNs,DSLs,Quality of Service,and advanced security techniques. With full details on the enhanced capabilities of the latest routers and the most up-to-date features of IOS 11 and 12,this complete reference offers practical insight on all aspects of configuring a Cisco-based network.
Inside,learn how to:
* Understand router network and point-to-point protocol design
* Gain insight into RIP,RIP V2,IGRP,EIGRP,OSPF,and BGP routing protocols
* Define global router parameters
* Configure ATM and frame relay interfaces
* Learn about broadband technologies,including DSL,ADSL,HDSL,and VDSL
* Master VPNs and the latest security techniques
From ATM internetworking to QoS-and everything in between-no other book combines both the basic instruction and advanced techniques today's network professionals need.