Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Wireless Networks
Авторы: Nicopolitidis P., Pomportsis A.S., Obaidat M.S.
The field of wireless networks has witnessed tremendous growth in recent years causing it to become one of the fastest growing segments of the telecommunications industry. As wireless networks evolve with increasing size and profitability, they will be able to integrate with other wireless technologies enabling them to support mobile computing applications and perform as efficiently as wired networks. Due to the difficulties posed by the wireless medium and the increasing demand for better and cheaper services, the area of wireless networks is also an extremely rich field for research. Wireless Networks provides in-depth coverage of the wide range of wireless technological alternatives offered today.
* Introduces the fundamental topics involved with wireless systems such as the electromagnetic spectrum physics of propagation, modulation multiple access and performance enhancement techniques, and cellular and ad-hoc concepts
* Presents old analog cellular systems (First Generation, 1G), current Second Generation (2G) systems architectures supporting voice and data transfer and discusses the fast evolving world of Third Generation (3G) mobile networks
* Provides a vision of 4G and beyond mobile and wireless systems
* Describes satellite-based systems, fixed wireless systems, Wireless LANs, wireless ATM and ad-hoc systems, Personal Area Networks (PANs) and security issues in wireless networks
* Features a chapter on the simulation of wireless networks
This volume provides engineers, researchers, postgraduates and senior undergraduate students with an accessible self-contained reference to all of the key areas of wireless networks.