Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Mesh-Based Survivable Networks: Options and Strategies for Optical, MPLS, SONET and ATM Networking
Автор: Grover W.
"Always on" information networks must automatically reroute around virtually any problem-but conventional, redundant ring architectures are too inefficient and inflexible. The solution: mesh-based networks that will be just as survivable-and far more flexible and cost-effective. Drawing heavily on the latest research, Wayne D. Grover introduces radical new concepts essential for deploying mesh-based networks. Grover offers "how-to" guidance on everything from logical design to operational strategy and evolution planning-including unprecedented insight into migration from ring topologies and the important new concept of p-cycles.
* Mesh survivability: realities and common misunderstandings
* Basic span- and path-restoration concepts and techniques
* Logical design: modularity, non-linear cost structures, express-route optimization, and dual-failure considerations
* Operational aspects of real-time restoration and self-organizing pre-planning against failures
* The "transport-stabilized Internet": self-organizing reactions to failure and unforeseen demand patterns
* Leveraging controlled oversubscription of capacity upon restoration in IP networks
* "Forcers": a new way to analyze the capacity structure of mesh-restorable networks
* New techniques for evolving facility-route structures in mesh-restorable networks
* p-Cycles: combining the simplicity and switching speed of ring networks with the efficiency of mesh networks
* Novel Working Capacity Envelope concept for simplified dynamic demand provisioning
* Dual-failure restorability and the availability of mesh networks
This is the definitive guide tomesh-based networking for every system engineer, network planner, product manager, researcher and graduate student in optical networking.