Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: J2EE Open Source Toolkit: Building an Enterprise Platform with Open Source Tools (Java Open Source Library)
Авторы: Bell J., Lambors J.
Discover how to harness the full power of open source tools to build a free J2EE enterprise platform
The choice is yours . . . you can spend thousands of dollars on commercial enterprise platforms or you can take advantage of free, fast, and reliable open source alternatives. To make your decision even easier, this innovative book provides you with all the tools you need to seamlessly combine the most popular open source tools into a single, integrated enterprise platform that can be used for development and deployment of Enterprise Java applications. The authors introduce you to several open source Java projects, covering the basics of enterprise architectures and providing an overviewof open source developer tools.
They then explore the components that you can use to deliver Web-based applications and show you how to build and communicate with the enterprise infrastructure using such components as JDBC, JMS, and Enterprise JavaBeans™. After you’ve created the platform, the authors guide you through the process of moving an application from development to a production environment, so you’ll be up and running in no time!
With the help of comprehensive code examples, this book will show you how to:
* Create your own Java enterprise platform
* Select the right open source components for the platform
* Utilize leading tools such as Tomcat, Struts, MySQL®, and JBoss
* Ensure that all open source components work together
* Integrate open source tools with commercial platforms to boost development speed and efficiency
The companion Web site contains the book’s original source code, a working sample application for the integrated development environment, and links you can visit to download all of the tools featured in the book.
* The first book that shows how to harness the full power of open-source tools to build a free J2EE development platform without using any commercial products
* Tools covered include Apache Tomcat, Struts, Jetspeed, MySQL, Joram, and jBoss
* Shows developers how to integrate all of the most popular open-source tools into a single, integrated platform
* Companion Web site provides source code plus a fully working example of the development platform created in the book
Author Biography: JOHN T. BELL is an instructor of server-side Java technologies for the Center for Applied Information Technology at Towson State University in Maryland. He also serves as a technical architect for a major hospitality company.
JAMES T. LAMBROS is a software architect/analyst for Caterpillar Financial Corporation. He has also been involved with several software development projects during his career with IBM.
STANFORD NG is the cofounder of Nuglu, LLC and directing software development at ciMediaGroup, a division of Creative Images. He is a coconspirator with Dr. Robert Nideffer behind the international award-winning Proxy/MAM research project.