Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Game Theory and Economic Analysis
Автор: Schmidt Ch.
Game Theory and Economic Analysis presents the wide range of current contributions of game theory to economics. The chapters fall broadly into two categories. Some lay out in a jargon-free manner a particular branch of the theory, the evolution of one of its concepts, or a problem that runs through its development. Others are original pieces of work that are significant to game theory as a whole.
After taking the reader through a concise history of game theory, the contributors discuss such topics as:
• the connections between Von Neumann’s mathematical game theory and
the domain assigned to it today since Nash
• the strategic use of information by game players
• the problem of the coordination of strategic choices between independent
players in non-cooperative games
• cooperative games and their place within the literature of games
• incentive and the implementation of a collective decision in gametheoretic
• team games and the implications for firms’ management.
The nature of the subject and the angle from which it is examined will ensure
that Game Theory and Economic Analysis reaches a wide readership. As an
established scholar in the area of game theory, Christian Schmidt has produced
an authoritative book with contributions from economists of the very
highest rank and profile, some of them well known beyond the boundaries of
the game-theoretic community.
Christian Schmidt is Professor at the University of Paris-Dauphine. He has
recently published La théorie des jeux: essai d’interprétation (PUF, 2001).