Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: SQL for MySQL Developers: A Comprehensive Tutorial and Reference
Автор: van der Lans R.F.
MySQL 5.x offers a SQL dialect with immense power. In SQL for MySQL Developers, Rick F. van der Lans helps you master this version of SQL, and leverage its full potential. Using case study examples and hands-on exercises, van der Lans illuminates every key concept, technique, and statement—including advanced features that make it easier to create even the most complex statements and programs.
Drawing on decades of experience as a SQL standards team member and enterprise consultant, he reveals exactly why MySQL’s dialect works as it does—and how to get the most out of it. You’ll gain powerful insight into everything from basic queries to stored procedures, transactions to data security.
Whether you’re a programmer, Web developer, analyst, DBA, or database user, this book can take you from “apprentice” to true SQL expert. If you’ve used SQL in older versions of MySQL, you’ll become dramatically more effective—and if you’re migrating from other database platforms, you’ll gain practical mastery fast.
· Writing queries, including joins, functions, and subqueries
· Updating data
· Creating tables, views, and other database objects
· Specifying keys and other integrity constraints
· Improving efficiency with indexes
· Enforcing security via passwords and privileges
· Building stored procedures and triggers
· Embedding SQL statements within PHP programs
· Using transactions, savepoint, rollback, isolation level, and repeatable read
· Optimizing performance by reformulating SQL statements
· Utilizing MySQL’s catalog
· Reference section: SQL statement definitions and SQL function lists