Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Programming Wireless Devices with the Java 2 Platform
Авторы: Riggs R., Taivalsaari A., Peursem J.V.
This book presents the Java™ 2 Platform, Micro Edition (J2ME™) standards that support the development of applications for consumer devices such as cell phones, two-way pagers, and wireless personal organizers. To create these standards, Sun collaborated with such consumer device companies as Motorola, Nokia, NTT DoCoMo, Palm Computing, Research In Motion, Siemens and many others. The result is a highly portable, small-footprint application development environment that brings the unique capabilities of Java technology, including platform independence and enhanced security, to the rapidly growing wireless market.
This definitive Java™ Series guide provides a programmer's introduction to the Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition. It presents a general description of wireless technology, an overview of the J2ME platform, and information on the small-footprint K Virtual Machine. In addition, the book details the Connected Limited Device Configuration (CLDC) and the Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP), the standards which define the Java platform features and libraries for wireless, resource-constrained devices.
Key topics include:
* Overview of the Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition (J2ME)
* Goals, requirements, and scope of the CLDC and MIDP standardization efforts
* High-level CLDC and MIDP platform architecture, including the security model
* CLDC application model, and compatibility with the Java programming language and virtual machine specifications
* Class libraries supported by the CLDC standard
* MIDP application model
* MIDP libraries, including user interface, networking, and persistence APIs
Numerous sample applications illustrate how to put the technology and standards to work, including a PhotoAlbum application, an AddressBook application, and a Sokoban game application.
Written by a team of authors that includes the original J2ME technology experts from Sun and Motorola, this book provides both a description of the Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition, as well as practical implementation advice.