Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Professional XML Development with Apache Tools: Xerces, Xalan, FOP, Cocoon, Axis, Xindice
Автор: Leung T.W.
If you’re a Java™ programmer working with XML, you probably already use some of the tools developed by the Apache Software Foundation. This book is a code-intensive guide to the Apache XML tools that are most relevant for Java developers, including Xerces, Xalan, FOP, Cocoon, Axis, and Xindice.
Theodore Leung, a founding member of the Apache XML Project, focuses on the unique capabilities of these best-of-breed XML tools. With the help of a sample application, he demonstrates how you can use them in unison to develop professional XML/Java applications for the real world.
If you need in-depth information to help you assemble a workable toolbox for developing sophisticated XML-based applications, you’ll find it in this volume.
What you will learn from this book
* How the Apache XML Project relates to Java programming
* When you’ll need some of Xerces’ extra parsing features, like grammar caching
* How to use Xalan’s XSLTC to compile XSLT stylesheets into Java
* Prerequisites and applications for FOP and Batik
* Cocoon concepts and development
* Development techniques and practical usage for Xindice
* How to develop back-end applications with XML RPC and Axis
* Applications and concepts for XML Security
Who this book is for
This book is written for professional Java developers who have had some exposure to XML and XSLT. To get the most from it, you should be familiar with Java, Java Web development technologies (e.g., servlets), and the command line Java tools.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.