Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: SQL Server 2005 Distilled
Автор: Brown E.L.
Need to get your arms around Microsoft SQL Server 2005 fast, without getting buried in the details? Need to make fundamental decisions about deploying, using, or administering Microsoft’s latest enterprise database?
Need to understand what’s new in SQL Server 2005, and how it fits with your existing IT and business infrastructure? SQL Server 2005 Distilled delivers the answers you need–quickly, clearly, and objectively.
Former SQL Server team member Eric L. Brown offers realistic insight into every significant aspect of SQL Server 2005: its new features, architecture, administrative tools, security model, data management capabilities, development environment, and much more. Brown draws on his extensive experience consulting with enterprise users, outlining realistic usage scenarios that leverage SQL Server 2005’s strengths and minimize its limitations. Coverage includes
* Architectural overview: how SQL Server 2005’s features work together and what it means to you
* Security management, policies, and permissions: gaining tighter control over your data
* SQL Server Management Studio: Microsoft’s new, unified tool suite for authoring, management, and operations
* Availability enhancements: online restoration, improved replication, shorter maintenance/recovery windows, and more
* Scalability improvements, including a practical explanation of SQL Server 2005’s complex table partitioning feature
* Data access enhancements, from ADO.NET 2.0 to XML
* SQL Server 2005’s built-in .NET CLR: how to use it, when to use it, and when to stay with T-SQL
* Business Intelligence Development Studio: leveraging major improvements in reporting and analytics
* Visual Studio integration: improving efficiency throughout the coding and debugging process
* Simple code examples demonstrating SQL Server 2005’s most significant new features