Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Open Source Network Administration
Автор: Kretchmar J.M.
* Save time and improve network performance—without spending a dime!
* Outstanding open source tools for management, monitoring, optimization, and troubleshooting
* In-depth coverage: retrieval, compilation, installation, configuration, and usage—with extensive examples
* An indispensable resource for every network administrator and troubleshooter
Save time and improve performance with free, open source netadmin tools!
In this book, MIT netadmin James M. Kretchmar presents an extraordinary collection of open source tools for streamlining and improving virtually every facet of network administration. Regardless of your experience or your network's size, these flexible tools can help with everything from management and monitoring to optimization and troubleshooting. Every tool is described in detail, with easy instructions for retrieval, installation from source, configuration, and real-world usage. Coverage includes:
* SNMP: Remotely administer diverse network devices with a single protocol
* MRTG: Graph bandwidth and other router and network statistics
* Neo: Unify the administration of SNMP switches, routers, and other devices
* Flow-Tools: Collect and process crucial interface-level Cisco NetFlow traffic data
* Oak: Collect and distill syslog messages from servers and network equipment, and automatically send trouble alerts
* Sysmon and Nagios: Monitor network hardware and servers and notify administrators of problems
* Tcpdump: Analyze network traffic at the packet level
* Basic Netadmin Tools: Make the most of ping, telnet, netcat, traceroute, MTR, and netstat
* Build your own tools with the Bourne shell and Perl scripting language