Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Storage Networking Fundamentals: An Introduction to Storage Devices, Subsystems, Applications, Management, and File Systems
Автор: Farley M.
An Introduction to Storage Devices, Subsystems, Applications, Management, and File Systems
* Learn fundamental storage concepts with this comprehensive introduction
* Compare storage device technologies, including Fibre Channel, SCSI, ATA, and SATA and understand their uses in network storage subsystems
* Learn about key storage processes such as volume management, storage virtualization, data snapshots, mirroring, RAID, backup, and multipathing
* Clarify the roles of file systems and databases within network storage
* Take the next step—this book prepares you to become a storage networking expert
Storage networking has become an essential ingredient in Internet information infrastructures. Becoming competent in this new and important technology area requires a sound understanding of storage technologies and principles. Storage Networking Fundamentals gives you an in-depth look into the most important storage technologies. The entire storage landscape is described, incorporating a complete view of system, device, and subsystem operations and processes. Learn how to protect data effectively using mirroring, RAID, remote copy, and backup/ recovery systems. Virtual storage technologies, such as volume management, RAID, and network virtualization, are analyzed and discussed in detail. High-availability storage through dynamic multipathing and clustered/distributed file systems is explained as are designs for robust storage subsystems. Finally, the confusing and arcane worlds of file systems and SCSI are clarified, including the role of initiators, targets, logical units, and LUNs.