Cocoa programming is not only the favored development environment for Mac OS X, it’s also a primary tool for creating iPhone and iPod Touch software. That makes this a great time to learn Cocoa, and Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X For Dummies is the ideal place to start!
This book gives you a solid foundation in Cocoa and the unusual syntax of Objective-C. You’ll learn what’s new in Cocoa frameworks and create an application step by step. For example, you can:
- See how Xcode underlies your applications as the main component of Apple’s IDE
- Examine the basics of the Objective-C language, the elements of a Cocoa interface, and object-oriented programming
- Use Xcode and Interface Builder
- Spruce up your apps with audio, video, Internet features, stylized text, and more
- Create applications with the stunning graphics for which Macs are famous
- See how to build apps with multiple documents and even executables that aren’t traditional Mac apps
- Use all the exciting new Cocoa features
- Work with Cocoa numbers, arrays, Booleans, and dates
- Build document-based applications
- Simplify with key-value coding
The better you understand Cocoa programming, the better the applications you can create for Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X For Dummies makes it easy and fun!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.