Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: RFID Field Guide: Deploying Radio Frequency Identification Systems
Авторы: Manish B., Shahram M.
Whatever your industry or application, RFID Field Guide is your comprehensive guide to planning, designing, and deploying RFID technology into your business. Two leading RFID experts draw on their extensive experience to cut through the hype associated with RFID technology and present the realities: true costs and benefits, technical and organizational obstacles, and solutions that work.
The authors begin by explaining how RFID works, and identifying mature and emerging RFID applications that can reduce expenses, increase revenue, and drive competitive advantage. Next, they present a complete framework for assessing and deploying RFID: everything from budgeting to team building, standards to security, vendor selection to integration.
Along the way, they answer crucial questions facing every manager responsible for evaluating, planning, or implementing RFID:
* What's hype, and what isn't? What can RFID really do for my business?
* What technical advances are on the horizon? Should I wait, or act now?
* Which evolving standards will impact my RFID planning and deployment?
* What best practices exist for planning, organizing, and delivering on RFID initiatives?
* How do I assess the truecosts and benefits of RFID technologies? How do I mitigate the risks?
* What issues should I consider in choosing RFID vendors?
* How should I respond immediately to mandates and still maintain a coherent long-term RFID strategy?
* How can I manage the security and privacy implications of RFID?
* Will item-level tagging ever be a reality in the retail industry? If so, when?
* What's the future of RFID? And what's my next step, right now?