A comprehensive new edition on mobile computing?covering both mobile and sensor data
The new paradigm of pervasive computing was born from the needs of highly mobile workers to access and transfer data while on the go. Significant advances in the technology have lent and will continue to lend prevalence to its use?especially in m-commerce. Covering both mobile data and sensor data, this comprehensive text offers updated research on sensor technology, data stream processing, mobile database security, and contextual processing.
Packed with cases studies, exercises, and examples, Fundamentals of Pervasive Information Management Systems, covers essential aspects of wireless communication and provides a thorough discussion about managing information on mobile database systems (MDS). It addresses the integration of web and workflow with mobile computing and looks at the current state of research.
Fundamentals of Pervasive Information Management Systems presents chapters on:
- Mobile Database System
- Mobile and Wireless Communication
- Location and Handoff Management
- Fundamentals of Database Processing
- Introduction to Concurrency Control Mechanisms
- Effect of Mobility on Data Processing
- Transaction Management in Mobile Database Systems
- Mobile Database Recovery
- Wireless Information Dissemination
- Introduction to Sensor Technology
- Sensor Technology and Data Streams Management
- Sensor Network Deployment: Case Studies
Fundamentals of Pervasive Information Management Systems, is an ideal book for researchers, teachers, and graduate students of mobile computing. The book may also be used as a reference text for researchers or managers.