Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Optical Communications Essentials
Автор: Keiser G.
MASTER OPTICAL COMMUNICATIONS WITH THIS INFO-PACKED RESOURCE!
FASTER. CHEAPER. GREATER CAPACITY. These are the promises of optical communications. Optical Communications Essentials is a powerful learning tool for readers eager to master this cutting edge field and get substantial answers to technical and applications questions without getting buried in theoretical details.
Written in an instructive, easy-to-understand language by a world-class expert, this invaluable resource offers concise, 15 to 20 page, modules that use a minimum of math to thoroughly illustrate each topic. In addition to a wealth of informative illustrations, comparison tables, and optional offset sections for advanced topics, this comprehensive optical communications primer gives you:
* Explanations of how and why light travels along a fiber
* An understanding of transmission and specialty fibers
* Reasons why so many component types are needed
* Operational details of passive and active WDM devices
* Extensive DWDM and CWDM applications coverage
* Illustrations of impairments that affect system performance
* The concepts of network management
* Standards for design and evaluation of links and networks
* Descriptions of equipment needed for performance testing
* Overviews of fiber and component manufacturing issues
* Web access to an interactive performance simulation tool
No matter if you're a communications engineer or technician, a marketing person or telecom manager, a researcher or student — Optical Communications Essentials will help you connect with the technology that will drive communications for years to come.
* Optical Communications Terminology
* The Behavior of Light: Waves Versus Photons
* Standards for Optical Communications
* Optical Fibers, Cables, and Connectors
* Optical Amplifiers
* Passive and Active Optical Devices
* Photonic Transmission Equipment and Protocols
* Performance Tests and Measurements
* Optical Fiber Link and Network Designs
* CWDM and DWDM Applications
* Fiber and Component Manufacturing
* Network Management Concepts