Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Pocket PC Network Programming
Автор: Makofsky S.
Pocket PC Network Programming is the resource developers need to exploit the power of mobile technology and high-speed wireless connections. This book is a comprehensive tutorial and reference for writing network applications on Pocket PC 2002 and Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition devices. It explains how the Pocket PC communicates with the Internet, with other mobile devices, and with networks. It teaches developers the basics of Pocket PC telephony, synchronization, and messaging.
Pocket PC Network Programming begins with a guide to writing applications that communicate over the Internet and then explores how to use Pocket PC devices with Windows-based networks, how these devices communicate over serial and infrared, and how they utilize Remote Access Services (RAS). The focus then shifts to the Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition before turning to the building of applications designed for synchronization with a desktop computer. The final chapters cover the Pocket Outlook Object Model, the Mail API, and the .NET Compact Framework.
Key topic coverage includes:
* Understanding the basics of Winsock, Windows Internet (WinINet), the IP Helper APIs, HTTP, and the File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
* Using network resources
* Creating, establishing, and controlling dialup network connections
* Integrating applications with the Pocket PC Connection Manager
* Short Message Service (SMS) Messaging
* Using the Global System for Mobile communication (GSM)
* Interacting with the Subscriber Identity Module (SIM)
* Remote control of a device from a desktop
* Building an ActiveSync Service Provider
* Building applications that integrate with Contact, Application, and Task data
* Writing e-mail enabled applications
* Programming and writing network applications and using Web Services with the .NET Compact Framework
Sample applications clearly demonstrate each of the networking technologies discussed, and answers to developers' most frequently asked questions are indexed on the book's inside covers. The companion Web site, www.furrygoat.com, provides all the code examples from the book, as well as additional features and updates.