Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: RFID Sourcebook
Автор: Lahiri S.
Approaching crucial decisions about Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology? This book will help you make choices that maximize the business value of RFID technology and minimize its risks. IBM's Sandip Lahiri, an experienced RFID solution architect, presents up-to-the-minute insight for evaluating RFID; defining optimal strategies, blueprints, and timetables; and deploying systems that deliver what they promise.
Drawing on his experience, Lahiri offers candid assessments of RFID's potential advantages, its technical capabilities and limitations, and its business process implications. He identifies pitfalls that have tripped up early adopters, and shows how to overcome or work around them. This must-have resource can also act as a reference guide to any nontechnical person who wants to know about the technology.
From building business cases to testing tags, this book shares powerful insights into virtually every issue you're likely to face. Coverage includes
* RFID "reality check": getting beyond the hype and the counterreaction
* Aligning RFID strategy with business strategy
* Assessing applications, both prevalent and emerging
* Identifying opportunities to use RFID beyond supply chain applications
* Choosing between RFID and barcodes
* Realistically assessing potential ROI, one step at a time
* Designing solutions that leverage RFID's advantages while overcoming its performance limitations
* Understanding business flows impacted by a potential RFID deployment
* Defining realistic roadmaps and timelines
* Addressing oft-neglected real-world issues, from tag validation through managing expectations
* Dealing with standards
RFID Sourcebook will help you ask the tough questions...build the right applications...avoid costly mistakes...work more effectively with suppliers and partners...time your initiative...even find alternatives to RFID when that makes sense. Whatever your role in RFID strategy, planning, or execution, have Sandip Lahiri's experience and knowledge on your side: You'll dramatically improve your odds of success.