The Really Useful Maths book has been written for all those who want children to enjoy the challenge of learning mathematics. It presents teachers and students with exciting and varied ideas for introducing mathematics to children. With suggestions about the best ways to use equipment and resources to support learning, it describes in detail how to make learning the easy option for children.
An accessible book which is clearly split into two comprehensive sections. The first covers the practical side of mathematics and is packed with ideas and activities. The second concentrates on theory and practice of mathematics teaching and will help you to improve your teaching strategies. Topics covered are:
- numbers and the number system
- what teachers need to know about interactive teaching
- consolidating new ideas and developing personal qualities
- shape and space
- measures, statistics and data handling
- consolidation and practice for accuracy, speed and fluency.