Complete Coverage of the Latest Advances In the Field
Energy experts predict that wholesale electricity prices could easily rise 35 to 65 percent by 2015. Add to this the growing need for energy independence and the need to reduce carbon emissions and it is very clear that the development of low-cost renewable energy, such as solar energy, is essential for our economy and our national security. With the potential for low-cost, renewable energy that can create jobs while reducing our dependency on foreign oil, solar cell technology provides a very attractive and plausible option.
Presenting a well-balanced mix of theory and applications, Solar Cell Technology and Applications addresses critical design aspects representing cutting-edge solar cell technology. It offers those engaged in the design and development of low-cost, high-efficiency solar cells complete coverage of the latest advances in the field—including low-cost, high-efficiency elements and the latest approaches in solar cell designs. Coverage includes:
- Latest performance parameters and cost projections for cells and complete solar energy systems
- Important properties of the semiconductor and compound materials best suited for the fabrication of solar cells
- Techniques for performance improvements in solar cells and panels—emphasizing cost, reliability, and longevity
- Integration of organic dye technology in the development of solar devices
- Mathematical expressions and their derivations—highlighting performance enhancement
Using conventional nomenclature, a consistent set of symbols, and identical units for ease of comprehension, this time-saving resource supplies pioneering engineers, research scientists, professors, and students with the understanding needed to spark the advancements that must be made to maximize the economic and environmental benefits of this relatively untapped and abundant renewable energy resource.