What is this book about?
Professional C#, 3rd Edition , prepares you to program in C#, while at the same time providing the necessary background in how the .NET architecture works. It not only covers the fundamentals of the C# language, but also give examples of applications that use a variety of related technologies, including database access, dynamic Web pages, advanced graphics, and directory access. The only requirement is that you are familiar with at least one other high-level language used on Windows — either C++, VB, or J++.
What does this book cover?
This book begins by reviewing the overall architecture of .NET and, in the following chapters, gives you the background needed to write managed code. After the introduction and initial chapter, the book is divided into a number of sections that cover both the C# language and its application in a variety of areas. Coverage includes the following:
- How to program in the object-oriented C# language
- Writing Windows applications and Windows services
- Writing Web pages and Web services with ASP.NET
- Manipulating XML using C#
- Understanding .NET Assemblies
- Using ADO.NET to access databases
- Integration with COM, COM+, and Active Directory
- Distributed applications with .NET Remoting
- Generating graphics using C#
- Accessing files and the Registry, and controlling .NET security