This A-to-Z guide delivers the know-how that separates amateur project managers from the professionals. Step by step, it presents the principles, tools, and techniques that ensure excellence in managing any type of project in any industry. Using the planning of a wedding as a familiar example, the book shows how to:
* define goals and objectives
* plot a project road map that everyone can follow
* organize teams for top efficiency
* control momentum and direction
* avoid "scope creep"
* achieve smooth closure More contemporary than other books on the subject, this one emphasizes the importance of risk management, the use of the Internet and other technologies, metrics, quality measures, and the "people side" of project management.