Нашли опечатку? Выделите ее мышкой и нажмите Ctrl+Enter
Название: Developer to designer: GUI design for the busy developer
Автор: Gunderloy M.
In a fantasy world, you design and build the core of your application, the parts that do all the heavy lifting. And the graphical user interface? Well, that's the domain of the hot-shot sitting one cube over, who went to school to learn how to give users sensible and effective control over the functionality you construct.
In the real world, there is no hot-shot sitting one cube over, and you have to build the GUI yourself.
* Arranging text and controls in a sensible order
* Understanding and making the most of the behavior of windows
* Improving the effectiveness of dialog boxes
* Using advanced controls such as TreeViews, ListViews, and tabs
* Designing menus and toolbars
* Providing users with sensible customization options
* Understanding how the rules change when designing for the Web
* Handling page layout and navigation on the Web
* Anticipating changes in the next version of Windows
Throughout, author Mike Gunderloy is doggedly realistic. Like in his previous book, Coder to Developer: Tools and Strategies for Delivering Your Software, Mike describes how things actually work and prescribes ways for you to achieve meaningful results without staging a revolution. This is hard-won, practical knowledge from a veteran developer whose advice, examples, and overall vision will change the way you think and work.